1000 Cupcakes 2013
CUPCAKE FLAVORS: For future ordering! (Note: Scroll to bottom of page for bakery links.)
**Winners in each category are the Judges’ Favorites from Saturday’s event. The People’s Choice Awards were determined by your votes (on-line throughout the week + paper votes submitted at the event).
1.EMILY WEBBER Healthy Family Diet.com:
1) Oil-Free Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes with Avocado Mint Buttercream
WINNER! Healthy/Oil Free Category; Runner-up for Classic & Creative; 3rd Place: People’s Choice
2.Sassy Sweets by Monique:
1) Raspberry Passion fruit WINNER! Fresh & Fruity Category
2) Chocolate Habanero
3) Pancake Cupcake w/ Maple Frosting & Fakin’ Bakin *special mention: this tasted just like a pancake!
4) Chocolate Habanero w/ Maple frosting
3. SUGAR PLUM BAKING CO.
1) Hummingbird Cupcake-(bananas, pineapple, pecans, cinnamon) w/ pineapple cream-cheese frosting
2) Cardamom Carrot Cupcakes with Candied Carrot- and cardamom cream cheese frosting
WINNER! Nuts ‘n Nuggets Category
4. Angelfood Vegan Treats *Special mention: these cupcakes were very nicely decorated!
1. GF Citrus + Olive Oil Cupcake with Lemon Curd and Vanilla Cream
2. GF Chocolate Almond Butter Cup Cupcake
3. GF/Oil- Free Chocolate Coconut Cupcake
4. GF Pink Lemonade Cupcake *natural ‘pink’ from beets: very creative!
5. CAPITOL GARAGE:
1 GF apple rhubarb cupcake with a strawberry frosting
2. GF/ Oil-Free/ NSA oil-free chocolate beet cupcake with vanilla fennel ganache Runner Up: Very Veggie
3. GF orange walnut cupcake with carrot frosting
6. Sun Flour Baking Co. GF Orange Dreamsicle WINNER! Classic & Creative and Gluten-Free; 3rd Place: People’s Choice
7. The Plum Café GF Sno-ball Cupcake WINNER! People’s Choice Award
8. 24K 24Karat cupcake with sweet potato frosting (oil-free) *gold glitter dust was a nice touch on these!
1. GF Carrot cupcake with cinnamon & walnuts, buttercream frosting
2. GF Peanut butter banana Cupcake (carmelized bananas) Runner Up: Classic & Creative; 3rd Place: People’s Choice
10. Sweet Stuff
1. Lemon Avocado-Lemon cupcake with creamy avocado butter cream *creative creamy & tangy flavor combo!
2. Chocolate Raspberry- Chocolate chocolate chip cake filled with raspberry compote and topped with chocolate ganache
Runner Up: Fresh & Fruity
3. Root Beer Float-Root beer cupcake with vanilla butter cream and a cherry on top *could really taste the rootbeer!
11. Tower Bridge
1. Chocolate Dipped Almond Cupcake *Agave Syrup & chocolate, but otherwise NSA
2. Cinnamon Carrot Cupcake WINNER! Very Veggie Category; Runner Up: People’s Choice
12. Dalila’s *so many yummy flavor combos!
1. Zucchini Cupcake w/ Cinnamon Drizzle
2. Rhubarb Cupcake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
3. GF Zucchini Cupakes w/ Caramel Drizzle
4. Caramel Pear Spiced Cupcakes w/ Caramel Spiced frosting
5. Cinnamon Apple Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
Coming April 6th to Tower Bridge Bistro,
Embassy Suites Hotel 100 Capitol Mall
(near Tower Bridge in Old Sacramento)
*featuring mini-concert by
special guest singer/ songwriter
*special guest judge
co-founder & publisher of Veg News Magazine
Also featuring Cupcake Connoisseurs Extraordinaire:
Jennifer Fearing , Senior State Director of The Humane Society of the United States, CA
Tina Macuha of Good Day Sacramento
Gina Garcia of Yoga Across America & Yoga in the Park
The Vegan Cowgirl, Janice Daniels, Inside Magazine, Sacramento Magazine, and more!
”Farm to Cupcake”
Participating Bakers/ Bakeries:
Chef Clay Purcell/ Tower Bridge Bistro
Chef Raphael Kendall/ Capitol Garage
Rey Ortega/ Sun Flour Bakery
Pushkin’s Bakery (Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free)
Amberlee Wensmenn/24K Chocolate Cafe
Emily Webber/ The Healthy Family Diet
Melissa Sugar/Sugar Plum Vegan Bakery & Catering
Our Featured Charities:
Animal Place in Grass Valley
Animal Place Veganic Farm & CSA program
Special Thank You to:
Additional Thank Yous for prize donations: